Creating Our Future
As the industry continues to grow and evolve, so does HCSG. We remain flexible and agile to provide essential services to an ever-changing industry. HCSG is comprised of leaders who are proud to support our Vision: To Be The Choice For Our Customers, today and every day.
HCSG Associates are flexible and responsive to deliver quality services while adhering to regulatory requirements. Our Company is committed to training and development at every level to support our promotion-from-within philosophy, giving employees exceptional opportunities to grow and develop their career.
We are proud of the dedicated associates who make up our Company and thankful for the client partners who trust us to service their communities.
Connecting Our Employees
- HCSG launches HUB intranet site as a means to more actively engage and connect our 45,000+ employees
- HCSG Launches Employee ‘Going Beyond’ Recognition Award.
- HCSG named to S&P MidCap 400 Index
Purpose, Vision, Values
- Company formalizes and aligns on Purpose, Vision and Values; conducts comprehensive study to launch Employee Engagement Initiative to better connect with and motivate all employees.
Recognized by Forbes
- HCSG recognized as one of Forbes Most Innovative Growth Companies
- In May, the Board of Directors appoints Ted Wahl President and Chief Executive Officer, having started with the company in 2004.
- HCSG surpasses $1 Billion in annual sales.
- HCSG recognized by Forbes as one of America’s Most Trustworthy Companies.
A Decade of Dining & Nutrition
- HCSG marks its 10-year anniversary in Dining & Nutrition Services, surpassing $100 million in sales for the first time; Dining & Nutrition Regions formally integrated as part of the Divisional operations.
Continued Expansion and Talent Development
- The Company ends the year in over 1,500 facilities and continues its focus on Management Development and promotion from within.
A partner in Nutrition: Dining and Nutrition Services Offered
- HCSG expands its service offerings by developing expertise in managing Dining and Nutrition departments.
$100M in Annual Sales
- HCSG surpasses $100M in annual sales.
- HCSG formalizes its Divisional structure, as it continues to expand its client footprint in the Midwest, Southwest and Farwest.
Expanding Our Reach: Southeast Division
- HCSG expands to Florida and starts the Southeast Division, ending the year serving nearly 100 facilities.
Healthcare Services Group, Inc. (HCSG) Goes Public
- Healthcare Housekeeping Systems officially becomes Healthcare Services Group, Inc. via a successful initial public offering.
Expanding our Reach: Northeast Division
- The Company opens its Northeast Division (then known as the New England division) with its first facility in Connecticut.
- HHS’ growth continues at a steady pace, servicing nearly 50 facilities by year end.
Expanding Our Services
- HHS identifies an opportunity to add the laundering of linen and resident personal clothing to its offering, opening the company to new potential clients.
- By the end of the year, HHS is servicing 15 facilities.
Healthcare Housekeeping Systems Takes Off
- HHS begins services at its first facility in Atlantic City, New Jersey.
- Dan develops the company’s Manager-In-Training Program to teach the fundamental skills needed to successfully manage a housekeeping department, the fundamentals of which remain largely unchanged to this day.
- By year’s end, HHS is servicing 9 facilities.
Healthcare Housekeeping Systems (HHS) Launches
- Dan McCartney forms Healthcare Housekeeping Systems to provide housekeeping services to the healthcare industry, with a focus on long-term and post-acute care facilities. Click here for our founding story.